To be eligible to drive the Vehicles and participate in the Program, you must:
- Be at least 25 years old as per the insurance Policy (in case the driver is under 25 years old, in case of accident 10% of the total estimate and excess will be paid by the driver)
- Hold a valid UAE driver's license, which is at least one year old
- Have a valid credit card
- Have your reservation to operate Vehicle approved at point of pick-up by us
- Have continuous access to a mobile phone to receive important notifications in case of fines and other charges received due to traffic violations
Please note that acceptance of your reservation is subject to our approval, and your participation in the Program may be denied or, even if it is accepted, it can thereafter be terminated based upon criteria established from time to time by us or our insurance providers.
2 PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
At delivery or pick-up of a Vehicle, our Authorized Representative will conduct a “walk around” visual inspection of the exterior of the Vehicle with you to confirm that there is no visible damage to the Vehicle at the time you take possession of such Vehicle. Upon return our Authorized Representative will do the same with you. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any damage to the Vehicle beyond normal wear and tear.
We have the right to issue a return request and remove any Vehicle from service and availability at any time and for any or no reason, including, without limitation, for maintenance or safety recall purposes. Only we are permitted to modify or repair Vehicles. You will not operate any Vehicle that you believe may be unsafe to operate. You are solely responsible for immediately notifying us of any potential safety defect or concern you identify in a Vehicle.
Unfortunately, in case the rented vehicle can no longer be available due to breakdown, or any other reason, a replacement vehicle will not be provided. The Renter will instead be eligible for a refund from the company. The refund will be calculated on a pro-rata basis and is subject to confirmation and approval by the company.
The daily fee paid includes comprehensive insurance. A deductible amount, ranging from AED 750 – AED 2,500 depending on the vehicle model, is applied.
3 LIMITATIONS OF USE
The Renter must comply with each of the following matters:
- No person other than an approved renter is allowed to operate the vehicle
- The Vehicle shall not be used for any illegal purposes or in an unsafe manner, including, without limitation: participating in a speed contest; using the Vehicle on a circuit in any manner; having a number of passengers beyond riding capacity; operating the Vehicle while having any narcotics, alcohol or intoxicants inside his/her body; operating the Vehicle for the purpose of towing or pushing a subject
- The Vehicle shall not be operated off-road or on unpaved roads
- Smoking inside the vehicle is strictly prohibited
- No animals/pets are allowed to be carried inside the vehicle
4 RESPONSIBILITY TO THIRD PARTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF VEHICLES.
Notwithstanding any term set forth in this Agreement and to the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that you are responsible for any and all loss and damage that is caused by the Vehicles during your use under our Program.
In addition, you are responsible for all loss of or damage to a Vehicle during a Rental Period resulting from any cause, including collision, rollover, theft, vandalism, road condition, weather, or acts of nature.
(a) all physical or mechanical damage to the Vehicle measured as follows:
(i) if we determine that the Vehicle is a total loss, the actual cash value of the Vehicle; or
(ii) if we determine that the Vehicle is repairable: (A) the difference between the value of the Vehicle immediately before
the damage and the value immediately after the damage; or (B) the reasonable estimated retail value or actual cost of
repair plus Diminished Value;
(b) any Loss of Use, which shall be measured by multiplying the prorated daily rate by the actual or estimated number of days
from the date the Vehicle is damaged until it is replaced or repaired, which you agree represents a reasonable estimate of
Loss of Use damages and not a penalty, and Loss of Use shall be payable regardless of fleet utilization
(c) a reasonable administrative fee
(d) any towing, storage, and impound charges and other reasonable incidental and consequential damages; and
(e) all costs associated with our enforcement of this Agreement or collection of charges, including attorneys’ fees, collection fees, and costs whether litigation is commenced.
5 COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The Renter must comply with all the UAE traffic laws, included but not limited to:
- Reckless driving is strictly prohibited.
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Using phones while driving or any other distractions is strictly prohibited.
- Any traffic violations such as, and not limited to, not leaving safe distance between two vehicles, overtaking on the hard shoulder, throwing garbage, failing to fasten seatbelts, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Exceeding the speed limit is strictly prohibited.
- Traffic police report has to be obtained in case of any accident.